Sr. Financial Analyst
12770 High Bluff Drive Suite 120 San Diego, CA 92102 US
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Sr. Financial Analyst provides decision support to the executive management of the company through budgeting, forecasting, and reporting clinical operations and manufacturing activities, and assisting with review and monitoring of related contracts. The Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis is also responsible for preparing monthly accruals for clinical and manufacturing contracts.
• Maintain rolling twelve-month cash forecast for the Company
• Prepare long-term cash projections/financial models /scenario planning
• Headcount tracking and reporting
• Gather and present financial metrics
• Coordinate with all levels of management and the business to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations on business process and policies.
Business support to Clinical Operations and Manufacturing:
• With the Clinical Operations team, prepare budgets for clinical trials and manufacturing activities
• Create and manage models to project clinical trial expenses
• Analyze monthly and quarterly results for all clinical and manufacturing activities to review forecast accuracy and update projections
• Track open commitments for clinical and manufacturing contracts
• Build and cultivate strong working relationships with CROs and other vendors; be the primary liaison and subject matter expert in all financial aspects of clinical trials
• Assist with study-related contracts for the Clinical Department for approval, including confidentiality agreements, clinical trial agreements and amendments per the Standard Operating Procedures.
Financial Support to Accounting Team
• Prepare monthly accruals for all clinical and manufacturing contracts
• Monitor all clinical and manufacturing contracts and related invoices to ensure accuracy and completeness
• Assist with preparation of quarterly MD&A
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent, CPA
• Minimum of 5 years of experience
• Strong understanding of the unique aspects of accounting for clinical trials and manufacturing contracts
• Strong analytical skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Ability to manage highly confidential material in an appropriate manner
• Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills
FUNCTIONAL / TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Experience with ERP accounting software
• Proficiency in Microsoft Project
• Previous experience developing financial operating policies and procedures
• As required to the office
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.