1370 Creekside Blvd Naples, FL 1370 Creekside Blvd, FL 34102 US
Our IT development team is looking for consultants to support the .Net team. The Software Engineer must design, develop, test, and maintain high-quality software to meet business and customer needs. Depending on the role, the Engineer would work on development initiatives that include developing features and capabilities for end users, either external customers or internal employees, develop platforms such as data engineering and developer tooling, configure and customize vendor-provided packaged software.
Some of the scope would entail solutioning design problems, analyzing and creating new configuration for packaged software, participating in the development of integrations, developing reusable software building blocks to enable faster delivery, conducting functional and performance testing, preparing technical documentation including technical specifications, unit test results, performance test results, and migration plans.
C# resource for Dev Ops:
- The team has gone through different models from US based to offshore resources
- Offshore resources at times have resulted in different technical output
- Key Project Currently - Build out client's new eCommerce application which supports ordering, quoting, different country sales models, cross-selling, user management, data integration, product lookups, promotional quoting, usage quoting and etc
- Client has a solid microsoft stack
- New applications are being built with .Net Core
- Blazor is new framework being used and migrating services to it more
- Okta IAM is being utilized and worked on more across the enterprise
- Team works across all departments of client and seems to be a shared service team for multiple initiatives
- Core client Apps are Salesforce and SAP
- This team also helps client to upgrade "excel" style systems to more programmatic applications
- Currently migrating and updating legacy apps to new frameworks
- Digital Transformation for today's more manual operational processes
- It would be a positive if the engineer can help with designing/architecting aspects on current project
- Would be a preference if the engineer has the ability to work in the gray as not all stories are fully detailed or tasks might need more information from different stakeholders
- Helping with building out PoCs for ideas would be helpful
- Experience with working with multiple departments and interacting directly with stakeholders is a positive
- Engineers with more business process awareness is a plus
- All DevOps practices are led within the engineering team directly by a lead devops engineer. The engineer needed, in this case, should have more awareness on how Azure Devops works rather than being someone who would build out any new automation.
- Unit Testing is important and having an engineer that is quality driven.
- This group is also the main group which set the standards around coding best practices
- Team operates with daily stand ups
- Engineering teams are included in planning sessions
- The team has leads that provide Scrum Master type of responsibilities
- If a unforseen bug comes up as a story is being worked on, the goal would be to find a quick solution however if it is more in depth, the team would like engineers to update BAs and pull in members of team to define a new solution
- Current coding best practices are shared amongst the team and there is a initiative to create more documentation around these areas
- New person would be US based
- While the EST time zone is helpful, the team operates in different time zones and organizes its schedule based on team availability.
**CO/NY candidates may not be considered
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.