2nd shift Maintenance Technician
400 West Stoever Avenue Myerstown, PA 17067 US
TArget Pay Rate: 20-22/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
Perform basic general routine maintenance for plant, including Facilities and Utilities.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure safe work environment by following all safety and ergonomic rules, including any special personal protective equipment (PPE) and standard operating procedures (SOPs) applying to a particular process or area. Maintain clean and orderly work area and participate in safety improvement projects.
- Maintain documentation and logs.
- Help build team-oriented culture by motivating and supporting team members, being faithful to the team process and sharing knowledge with all members of MEU to continuously improve processes.
- Take ownership of training and learning to develop skills to continuously improve process.
- Establish operating parameters and maintain specific standards of performance.
- Plan, schedule, and prioritize daily and weekly work activities as initiated by supervision. General direction provided by the Supervisor, but incumbent works independently and uses good judgment in completing work assignments.
- Perform basic general facility repair (i.e. fix doors, floors, walls, ceilings, etc).
- Willing to work overtime and / or irregular hours. Frequent schedule changes due to MEU demands may be required
- Must be willing to participate in on-going medical surveillance programs as required.
- Frequent interaction with all levels of plant staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of maintenance experience or preventive maintenance desired,
- Detail oriented with good mathematical and analytical skills.
- Ability to work safely in a both maintenance and production environments.
- Basic mechanical knowledge and aptitude required.
- Hand tools experience required.
- Basic computer knowledge required. Microsoft Office skills preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must have good interpersonal skills in order to work well with others.
- Must be able to fluently speak, write and read English. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills in order to document equipment and records.
- Previous experience in a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or government-regulated industry (i.e. FDA) preferred.
- 1-2 years of welding is a plus as well as plumbing.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.