AI/Ml Modeling Specialist
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
This role for technology development expert is in Cell Culture and Bioprocess Operations department & the individual will focus on development and evaluation of soft sensors to leverage existing process data to provide estimates/predictions for parameters that currently require offline sampling or assays. The individual will be involved in all aspects of the model development process including but not limited to:
- Data extraction/ingestion: query relevant information from various data sources and aggregate necessary data to build corresponding datasets.
- Feature selection: work with domain experts across Genentech network to identify meaningful parameters, mechanistic pathways, etc.
- Feature engineering: modify/optimize/contextualize input features by collaborating with process SMEs and using data engineering tools like correlation matrix, principal component analysis, etc.
- Model development: investigate modeling techniques that utilize small datasets - e.g. bayesian models, machine learning, deep learning, transfer learning, etc.
- Outlier investigation: develop methods to identify outliers in input features and predicted target variables.
- Model training: tune model parameters to maximize validation accuracy.
The technology development expert should possess:
- demonstrated ability to apply scientific and engineering principles to solve complex problems.
- Prior training in multivariate regression / classification methods, AI/ML modeling and practical experience with projects involving software coding (python preferred) is a must.
- Spectral data analysis experience
- Knowledge of statistics, and design of experiments is a plus.
- Masters Degree or higher preferred with 3+ years industry experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.