Accessioner / Lab Tech
3350 W. Bayshore Rd. Palo Alto, CA 94303 US
What We are Looking For
A highly motivated Accessioner who will perform a variety of laboratory and administrative tasks to support the Research and Development teams. In this role, the candidate will receive and accession clinical specimens, including all related clerical functions, lab maintenance and regulatory compliance tasks. You will have the opportunity to share ideas for continuous improvement in the laboratory.
What You’ll Do
- Receive and accession clinical specimens in accordance with the established protocol.
- Participate in materials management activities, including receiving, unpacking, documentation and labeling of consumables and reagents, and stocking work areas.
- Perform routine laboratory maintenance tasks and retrieve samples in preparation for laboratory testing.
- Identify problems that may affect assigned duties, and following established protocols, correct problems or escalate to Laboratory Manager.
- Comply with applicable environmental health and safety policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, genomics, or related discipline.
- 1+ years of experience in biotech, life sciences, and/or healthcare is preferred
- Proficient in data entry, Google apps, and computer skills.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs, work in protective equipment and sit/stand for extended periods of time.
- Experience with and commitment to working as part of a multidisciplinary and collaborative team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds when necessary.
- Commutable to work site in Palo Alto five days per week
- You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S and be fully vaccinated against COVID- 19, including all eligible booster(s), with the exception of a medical or religious exemptiont
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.