Accountant Controller - Projects
100 Bayer Boulevard Whippany, NJ 07981 US
This role will provide cost accounting knowledge and financial analysis of strategic initiatives to multiple stakeholders primarily for the Myerstown, PA facility. The candidate should have the ability to work independently on complex assignments. He or she should be able to identify issues, provide recommendations and implement solutions towards the initiatives being evaluated and/or being developed. This role is responsible for generation and reporting of cost savings business cases as well as the reliability of the business cases in his/her scope. He/she is the subject matter expert on the financial portion of business cases, working with several stakeholders to identify additional opportunities and also provide guidance for less experienced analysts.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance with minimum 5 years experience or CPA/MBA with minimum 3 years experience
- Extensive knowledge of cost accounting systems/procedures at a manufacturing level and project valuations (DCF, ROI, NPV, etc.)
- Prior experience working Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry
- Proficient with enterprise-wide business systems (SAP) and proficiency with MS Office applications specifically Excel
- Ability to work independently developing alternative solutions to complex initiatives, with a high degree of accuracy, initiative and reliability
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively and promptly with all levels of the organization supporting department objectives and management decisions
- Sound business perspective and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on teams and promote the team approach
- Drives for results with a sense of urgency
- Promote new ideas for team performance
- Ability to work in international environment and build trustful relationships across all levels of organization (no-silo mentality)
- Knowledge of Consumer/Pharma businesses and manufacturing processes,
- Analyzes cost management opportunities and actively participates and leads
special projects and continuous improvement opportunities as needed
- Development of financial portion of business cases.
- Challenges business practices to provide effective results.
- Provides timely and useful feedback within and outside the department.
- Works to streamline, simplify and standardize processes and procedures
Major Tasks Cost Savings Business Cases (DCF, NPV, ROI, Std. Costing) Reporting Site Loss Analysis
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.