Administrative Assistants- Physician Contracts
2995 Red Hill Ave Costa Mesa, CA 92626 US
The Physician Contract Specialist is also responsible for negotiating and executing Letters of Agreements, specialty agreements and ancillary contracting (purchased services) as may be applicable for patient that Hospital or one of their affiliates may have risk for. Identify and recommend potential provider contracting strategies to reduce costs, limit financial risk and ensure adequate provider network to service members.
Negotiate provider agreements (physician, hospital, ancillary) within the financial and strategic guidelines established.
Review and analyze proposed contract terms and conditions of physician/provider contracts and amendments to determine which terms are acceptable and which terms require further negotiation.
Monitor contract performance against negotiated terms and conditions.
Maintain a consistent timeline for evaluating contracts and renegotiations.
Monitor medical group utilization of non-contracted providers and develop action plans as needed to re-educate or obtain contracts
• Monitors and updates contracts required to comply with state and federal law, regulatory or plan requirements.
• Maintain physician contract database (sharepoint) to ensure contracts are archived and available to Executive Leadership as applicable.
• May assist with with identifying and recruiting providers based on network composition and needs.
• Innovates, improves and problem solves to further the goals and achieve the operating and strategic plans of the organization. Identifies opportunities for physician contract improvement.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
5 years experience in managed care operations within a hospital, IPA or health plan environment with at least 3 years experience in contract negotiations. Required:
• Knowledge of Federal and State laws including Stark and Anti-Kickback as they apply to physician contracts.
• Knowledge of complex reimbursement methodologies
• Excellent communication/interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to problem-solve, analyze situations, and think critically.
• Computer experience and proficiency with MS Word software.
• Ability to work independently, manage multiple time deadlines and work with an atmosphere with frequent changes.
• Comfortable with interaction with all levels of management while maintaining an attitude or professionalism and collaboration.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
?Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.