46 Galli Road Novato, CA 94949 US
- Timely facilitation of incoming sample receipt and accessioning flow, decipher batch assignments across all assay types in accordance with agreed upon best practices.
- Execute plate-based analytical methods to facilitate in-process testing under applicable cGMP guidelines, as well as contribute to the prompt reporting of results to meet the required timetables of internal customers.
- Evaluate completed assay validity, calculate and summarize results, analyze data per expected or specification ranges.
- Perform and collaborate with co-workers to appropriately share general housekeeping activity assignments, and ensure systems for laboratory maintenance are adequate for creating a consistent state of inspection readiness.
- Attend team huddles and department meetings, generate ideas for laboratory infrastructure improvements and method optimization.
- Perform other responsibilities as deemed necessary.
Functional activities may include: performing plate-based analytical methods, maintaining test sample throughput, and maintaining general housekeeping.
Work assignments will vary by degree of complexity. Employee is expected to follow SOPs, make appropriate decisions in daily activities with minimal needs for intervention, and be able to recognize deviations from routine practices. Incumbent must accurately complete tasks on time to achieve lab goals, meanwhile limiting GMP / procedural errors, and be capable of accepting and incorporating feedback. Must also demonstrate the ability to both manage time and prioritize routine work effectively.
Employee must be able to interpret results against defined criteria, begin to apply critical thinking to routine work. He/she should demonstrate an ability to evaluate results against trend reports, serve some degree of troubleshooting, and embrace an active role in following up on atypical results or issues.
Communication of relevant information must be made to appropriate audiences, and attendance of necessary team meetings with some participation in discussions is essential. Employee should also be actively engaged in his/her role, exhibit frequent volunteerism as the work schedule flow permits, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in a science related field with at least 0-2 years of relevant laboratory experience or Associates of Science with at least 4 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Experience with quality management systems, current Good Manufacturing Practices, and QC principles.
- Demonstrated working knowledge with respect to certified functional activities.
- Good documentation, written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Must possess the ability to perform most tasks with minimal supervision.
- Computer literacy is required, proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel is essential, experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Access, or Visio is desired.
- Must have a quality service attitude and focus, exhibit flexibility and willingness to work additional hours to meet production or laboratory process requirements.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.