Analytical Development Senior Research Associate
50 Northern Avenue, Boston, MA 02210 Boston, MA 02210 US
• Sickle Cell Anemia – 2nd generation
• Lab experience – cell based assays
• PCR experience
As a Research Associate, you will join the Cell and Genetic Therapy (CGT) department to support the Cell Analytical Development team.
- Perform various analytical cell and flow-based assays to support the Analytical development team’s sample testing with a rapid turn-around time.
- Understand SOPs and author or review reports and protocols as needed.
- Maintain excellent documentation of experiments and studies.
- Troubleshoot, optimize, and trend assay performance in conjunction with manager.
- Report on project progress and contribute to analytical development protocols and reports; present data effectively at internal Group or Project Team meetings.
- Perform basic statistical analysis of experimental data where appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:?
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Biology, Chemistry or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2 - 5 years industry experience)
- In some cases, an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
- Understanding how to develop and maintain pipelines, automated workflows, and databases is a plus.
- Experience with sample management and ELN/LIMS systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:?
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture and well familiarized with aseptic techniques.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following analytical techniques: cell culture, flow cytometry, PCR, qPCR, ddPCR, SDS-PAGE, ELISA, MSD, NGS.
- Ability to follow safety regulations and work in GMP like laboratory environment.
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to build open and collaborative relationships and work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Be self-motivated, focused, organized, and thorough.
- Demonstrate independent reasoning and problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to navigate a fast-paced work environment and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word to perform tasks.
- Proficiency on technical operating systems.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability in technical writing skills.
- Time management and project management skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team.
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas?with diverse groups of people?in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.?
- Able?to work upright and stationary and/or standing?for typical working hours.?
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.?
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology?with proficiency.?
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.