Animal Care Technician
51 Sleeper St Boston, MA 02210 US
Perform basic animal husbandry techniques following all applicable Standard Operating Procedures. Pay Rate Range: $20-23.14/hr
(SOPs) for the specific work area.
I. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Animal Care and Husbandry Responsibilities
• Ensure that high standards of animal welfare are met.
• Provide food, water and clean housing to animals according to applicable SOPs.
• Perform routine animal health observations.
• Monitor temperature and humidity, reporting any issues to supervisor or manager.
• Receive, unpack, and house animals according to SOP and Animal Receiving Form
• Understand proper room entry order and adhere to biosafety requirements
• Maintain accurate records
• Maintain vivarium cleanliness and waste removal in accordance with applicable SOPs.
• Maintain and organize supply areas.
• Other duties as assigned.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position.
Incumbents will perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
II. REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Dexterity of physical condition to operate all job duties; lift and move objects regularly
throughout the shift.
• Work in a standing position requiring bending and stretching of arms and legs throughout regular
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• AALAS certification a plus
Special Conditions of Employment:
• Must avoid contact with rodent species outside of work.
• Must have reliable transportation in order to travel site-to-site within the greater Boston area
during regular shift and/or on weekend/holiday shifts as assigned within a reasonable timeframe.
• Must be willing to work rotational weekends/holidays.
• Must be willing to work shifted schedule (Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday).
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.