Animal Research Tech III
Yellow Pine Street Northwest Minneapolis, MN 55448 US
This position will specifically support the surgical team.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Cares for the animals used in research and development studies.
- Performs duties related to the maintenance of experimental animals such as feeding and caring for animals cleaning cages holding animals for treatment by laboratory technician or maintaining inventory and animal identification records. - Performs cleaning/sanitation of animal facility and equipment.
- Responsible for biosafety and biosecurity of the animals.
- May partner with preclinical investigators to assist and support veterinarians with surgery dosing postop care and monitoring of animal studies.
- Provides technical support in areas such as production operations maintenance safety testing process improvement or product development.
- Uses schematics diagrams written and verbal descriptions or defined plans to perform testing and troubleshooting on electronic or mechanical components equipment or systems.
- Gathers maintains formats compiles and manipulates technical data using established formulae and procedures and performs detailed mathematical calculations.
- For higher levels may suggest and/or make improvements to optimize work processes. - - Seasoned individual contributor working under limited supervision and providing assistance and training to lower level employees.
- Runs minor projects including performing tests interpreting data developing reports. - - Performs technical activities requiring considerable judgment and may have ownership of minor projects.
- Work consists of technical tasks that are typically not routine.
- Expected to independently propose solutions to problems for supervisor review. - Communicates typically with internal contacts .
- Obtains and provides technical information on matters of moderate importance to the job area.
- Responsible for providing guidance coaching and training to other employees within job area.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.