Area Director - Tri State (NY/NJ/CT)
New York, NY 00000 US
Manages sales activities of the sales organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations.
- Motivates and develops both Territory Managers and Regional Sales Managers into strong successful contributors.
- Establishes sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Manages Regional Sales Managers who supervise Territory Managers.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Meets and/or exceeds all company revenue quotas for assigned geography.
- Interact with a number of strategic customers (internal and external) within the Area.
Required/Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- Four to ten years related experience and/or training required or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience in sales. required and
- 7-10 years of sales management experience. required and
- Cardiac sales experience preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license Required
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The employee must be able and willing to travel by automobile and airplane as required.
- Must be able to travel 30% of the time.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job is a field-based position. Employee will be responsible for working daily in hospitals, doctors’ offices and other medical establishments within the assigned territory. Occasionally may be required work atypical hours (evenings and weekends) based on business needs.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.