Associate Director Project Management Lead
3170 Porter Drive Palo Alto, CA 94304 US
The Associate Director Project Management Lead (PML) is a matrix leadership role. An Associate Director may work as a PML or work closely with a PML and other assigned PM team members on complex and multifaceted functional projects to ensure timely execution of project and team goals and objectives. As a PML this role is accountable for leadership of functional operational planning & execution of projects – driving accountability and issue resolution.
- Partners with functional and departmental leadership and other team members to establish, maintain and execute project plans.
- Builds, maintains, and drives execution of integrated operational plans / schedules to ensure delivery of the projects within scope, on time and within budget constraints.
- Leads cost management activities – partnering with BSO lead and department leadership to manage compilation of budgets ($ & FTE), control costs and ensure reforecasting, as appropriate, is in line with operational plan.
- Leads risk management activities – ensuring execution of mitigation / contingency plans.
- Manages all project communications including status reporting, project contracting and sharing of key information within the broader project team and function and department.
- Supports leadership in engaging with internal and external stakeholders including presenting key project management content as required.
- Partners with the leadership to enhance team effectiveness - guiding and motivating team members and ensuring professional resolution of conflict.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate reporting of data and escalation of issues on assigned projects through using company tools as directed by R&D BSO management.
- Very knowledgeable in Project Management methodologies
- Detailed knowledge of global regulatory affairs and/or pharmacovigilance activities, for example, risk evaluation and management strategies, FDA interactions, submissions, adverse event reporting, etc.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, work effectively with little or no direction, and build collaborative relationships with management, partners, and peers from diverse backgrounds.
- Possess keen analytical abilities and have strong financial understanding to review financial data and facilitate the compilation and communication of project finances.
- Strong Client facing and internal communication skills
- Guide teams in critical thinking and resolution of complex issues.
- Serves as an advocate for change, with an open mind and welcomes the thoughts views and opinions of others.
- Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the function and/or broader department.
- Contributes to the development of project.
- Anticipates internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues.
- May manage larger and/or multiple projects
- Establishes project priorities, sets goals, and tracks outcomes. Provides operational direction to develop project plans and propose strategies to senior management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Project);
- Planisware experience a plus, Smartsheets a plus
- Graduate Degree + 8 yrs working as a Project Manager on a core matrix team in a cross-functional environment
- Further degree (MBA/PhD) a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.