1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
This research associate or engineer contractor will work within the Purification Development department on the South San Francisco campus. This role will be primarily onsite work. This person will interact with engineers and scientists and will be a member of a team responsible for developing, characterizing, validating and implementing purification processes from laboratory to manufacturing scale for recombinant proteins and novel therapeutics at various stages of a product pipeline. The candidate will also be responsible for new technology development and process optimization as it benefits current and future purification platforms.
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, highly productive and comfortable working in a fast-paced laboratory environment.
- Understanding of recombinant protein purification techniques (e.g. chromatography, centrifugation, normal flow filtration, and tangential flow filtration) is required.
- Experience with basic laboratory equipment (balance, pH/conductivity meter, UV spectrophotometer, pipettes, etc) is required.
- Independent execution of laboratory experiments and interpretation of data with moderate to minimal guidance is required.
- The candidate should possess organizational and problem solving skills with a focus on details and results.
- The candidate must have excellent communication, multi-tasking and time management skills, must be a strong team player, and have the ability to operate in a flexible and dynamic environment.
- Hands-on experience with AKTA/AVANT, HPLC, Pendotech filtration, AKTA Crossflow, and robotic systems are desirable.
- Recent BS/MS in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related field
- Relevant experience in research labs, internships, healthcare, biotech, or pharmaceutical industry
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.