Associate Research Scientist (EXCLUSIVE)
400 Dexter Avenue N Seattle, WA 98109 US
The Allogeneic Cell Therapy and Gene Editing Team is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic and self-driven Associate/Senior Associate Scientist with a dedication to discovery and development of novel engineered CAR T cell therapeutics for the treatment of cancer. The successful candidate will have experience with the extraction and analysis of nucleic acid samples from primary cells and cell lines. Direct experience with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and Droplet Digital PCR (ddPCR) is essential for this role. Cell culture experience is preferred. In addition, this position will work with senior researchers to execute studies, analyze data and communicate results. The primary focus of the Associate Scientist contract role will be to support the preclinical development of allogeneic CAR T assets. This fully on-site position is ideal for the innovative scientist who is driven and passionate about cell therapy in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Extraction, cleanup, and QC of nucleic acids from primary cells and cell lines
- Optimization of PCR parameters for targeted analysis
- Execution of quantitative PCR, Next Generation Sequencing, and Droplet Digital PCR workflows for gene-edited samples
- Stringent documentation of experiment execution
- Analysis and organization of resulting data for communication to wider team
- Work with other team members to learn and implement molecular analytical methods for cell therapy
- Work predominantly in a laboratory setting
- Bachelors Degree in a scientific discipline
2+ (Associate) or 4+ (Senior Associate) years of academic and/or industry experience (Associate)
Masters Degree in a scientific discipline
- 2+ years of academic and/or industry experience (Senior Associate)
- Experience with a variety of nucleic acid extraction techniques (column-based and non-column-based technologies)
- Experience with NGS and ddPCR platforms and associated analysis software (ex. Illumina, QXOne, etc)
- Ability to multitask, independently organize time, and plan specifics of work.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills demonstrated in a team environment.
- Willingness to think outside the box, be creative and demonstrate an ability to work in a very fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Hands-on experience with primary cell culture methods and generation of gene-edited cells (CRISPR/Cas9-based methods preferred)
- Prior experience or familiarity with flow cytometry-based cell characterization methods.
**salary will be commensurate with experience**
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.