Associate Scientist - II (Associate) CA
213 East Grand Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
Target Pay Rate: 30-41.36/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
This role involves assisting the protein production group in various routine activities, which could include the following:
- Participate and assist in the daily activities of the purification group such as antibody and antigen purification, and characterization by various techniques including protein concentration determination, CE-SDS, SDS-PAGE, various HPLC methods, and endotoxin measurement.
- Prepare formulation and analytical buffers for scientists and help scientists in the laboratory to maintain laboratory equipment (AKTA, Waters, Agilent, Thermo, Caliper, and more).
- Assist lab manager for submitting work orders for lab equipment/computer repair and oversee the technician during the repair visit.
- Sample vialing, including labeling tubes and aliquoting either manually or with automation.
- Assist inventory personnel in sub-aliquoting any existing purified proteins for requestors.
- Support the protein expression group in activities such as basic cell culture, transfection, harvest, titer check, and general maintenance of the cell culture lab such as filling incubators and water baths, monitoring temperature and CO2, and checking DNA inventory.
- Perform daily priming for Caliper (CE-SDS) instrument for all scientists in the laboratory to use.
- Document data as needed in an electronic lab notebook (ELN) and Dotmatics
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree or PhD in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, life sciences or in related scientific field with minimum 4 years of relevant experience in wet lab work • Experience with basic protein purification and characterization techniques (i.e., protein A and nickel capture, HPLC, SDS-PAGE, Endotoxin testing, etc.) is highly preferred. • Ability to calculate protein concentrations and dilutions. • Experience with single- and multi-channel manual pipettes. • Software: General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs, databases, and scientific applications. Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite • Effective communication and organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to follow written procedures. • Ability to learn basic analytical skills faster with training. • Ability to multi-task while working safely and independently.
Key Skills: • AKTA purification System • Protein purification experience • Protein A antibody purification preferred. • Protein characterization experience with HPLC
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.