Associate Scientist I
100 Abbott Park Road Downey, IL 60064 US
Target PR Range: 20-25
*Depending on experience
This qualified and motivated scientist will join a dynamic R&D team developing novel methodologies and assays for next generation diagnostic applications. These activities may also support the development of next generation instrumentation. This individual will help conceive, plan, design, and conduct advanced studies. He or she will investigate and develop new procedures. He or she will act as an independent contributor and will interact/coordinate with other groups and functions on project development and improvement. The successful candidate must have strong analytical and quantitative skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
Apply scientific knowledge to projects. Conceive/design/plan/coordinate independent and collaborative studies required for product development. Optimize assay conditions, improve product design and related processes and procedures, and troubleshoot technical issues. Analyze complex data critically by applying advanced computer skills. Develop conclusions based on information from multiple sources. Work collaboratively with the team to solve problems and advance the project. Document experimental results and findings accurately, completely and promptly. Write summaries and reports. Present complex technical findings/conclusions and project status updates to internal or external audiences.
Actively participate in routine maintenance, lab safety.
Be responsible for timely project completion. Understand both theoretical and practical aspects of assay design and product development.
• Strong Molecular and Biochemical background
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• In-depth knowledge in developing assays or methods
• Skill in optimizing assay design and conditions
• Proficiency in technical writing for data summary and technical reports. Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, instrumentation-related and company network systems.
• Willing to take on new and challenging assignments and to implement new ideas or alternative solutions. Take thoughtful and timely action when confronted with a problem.
• Capable of adjusting to dynamic working environment and changing priorities, and of ensuring timely completion of assigned tasks.
• Statistical analysis.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.