Associate Scientist I
6201 South Freeway Ft Worth, TX 76134 US
- Conducts daily husbandry on multiple species of in-vivo research models according to established protocols and in compliance with applicable regulations. Tasks include daily feeding, cleaning of holding room floors, cage change outs, and other activities.
- May assist with in-vivo health procedures and support in-house health program.
- Performs and documents procedures and techniques on in-vivo models used for studies in toxicity, research, and other areas of biotechnology, medical device, or drug research and development.
- Maintains program and facility standards to ensure compliance of research facilities, husbandry practices, and in vivo testing procedures to all applicable regulations.
- Continually improves the welfare of the test subjects.
- Minimum High School Diploma
- 1+ years of laboratory animal experience
- AALAS certification preferred (ALAT, LAT, LATG) but not required
- Requires the ability to frequently lift and lower up to 40 lbs.
- Weekend & holiday work as needed, compensated with days off during work week
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.