Associate Scientist I
1000 Gateway Boulevard South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
DOT (Discovery Operations Team) has an opening for an Associate Scientist I position in the Organic Chemistry area. This position will provide opportunities to learn how to work in an organic chemistry laboratory and use multiple programs associated with compound registration. This position will be responsible for a short-term project for registering proprietary compounds and uploading inventory into a new automated storage unit.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Register and return known compounds to the chemical repository
• Maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting
• Demonstrate a high degree of responsibility in maintaining scientific standards and safe laboratory practices.
• Keep accurate and current records of research and/or project related activities according to policies.
• What are the top 3-5 skills requirements should this person have?
• Hands-on experience with organic compounds in an organic synthesis laboratory
• Ability to accurately transfer and weigh out compounds in a laboratory setting
• Ability to operate a variety of software platforms
• Proven effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with scientists
• Experience in synthetic organic chemistry and the ability to communicate effectively
• Experience with working with a variety of different computer programs
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.