Associate Scientist II
100 College St New Haven, CT 06510 US
The temporary Associate Scientist II is responsible for performing assigned experimental tasks to support the development and optimization of cell line development and cell culture processes for Alexion’s therapeutic protein candidates. The temporary Associate Scientist II will work in collaboration with other members of Product Development and Clinical Supply, and with scientific staff in other Research & Development groups. The temporary Associate Scientist II will support and execute development studies for biologics lifecycle management and yield improvement with use of process intensification.
• Design and execute experimental studies to generate stable production cell lines for therapeutic protein candidates under supervision
• Design and execute experimental studies to evaluate new cell-based technologies to improve efficiency of cell line generation process
• Design and execute experimental studies to develop, optimize, and characterize upstream processes for therapeutic protein candidates under supervision
• Executes experimental studies to support scale up of processes at pilot scale
• Provide weekend support on critical upstream activities on rotation basis
• Document study results in notebooks, and technical reports
• Coordinate laboratory management including ordering and maintenance
• Communicate scientific findings to colleagues within the group through informal presentations
• BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline from an accredited university, with minimal 2 years of relevant industrial experience, or MS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline from an accredited university
• Understanding the fundamentals of biology, chemistry and chemical engineering
• Strong learning agility to learn new techniques
• The duties of this role are generally conducted in an lab environment. As is typical of a lab-based role, employees must be able, with or without an accommodation to: lift/carry 15/30 pounds unassisted/assisted; work comfortably in a controlled environment with and around biological, infectious, and hazardous materials; gown/degown PPE; use a computer; engage in communications via phone, video, and electronic messaging; engage in problem solving and non-linear thought, analysis, and dialogue; collaborate with others; maintain general availability during standard business hours.
• Relevant experience working in a relevant laboratory setting
• Excellent written and verbal skills and strong interpersonal skills
• Collaborative and effective communication skills
• Experience with various MS Office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Pay Range: 24-34/hr
Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.