Associate Scientist II
1000 Gateway Boulevard South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
Target PR Range: 30-39/hr
*Depending on experience
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Operate and maintain analytical and preparative scale HPLC instrumentation.
· Support and troubleshoot walk-up analytical LC-MS instrumentation.
· Purification of samples from medicinal chemistry projects on a milligram to gram scale by preparative HPLC.
· Maintain and troubleshoot NMR spectrometer under the guidance of senior scientists.
· Maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting.
· Demonstrate a high degree of responsibility in maintaining scientific standards and safe laboratory practices.
· Keep accurate and current records of research and/or project related activities according to company policies.
· Hands-on experience with analytical HPLC, preparative HPLC, mass spectrometry, and/or NMR.
· Ability to operate and troubleshoot a variety of hardware/software platforms.
· Proven effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with scientists and engineers.
· Knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry and the ability to communicate effectively with medicinal chemistry team.
· Basic understanding of different organic functional groups and organic terminology including enantiomers and diastereomers.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.