Associate Scientist II
100 Research Dr Worcester, MA 01605 US
*Depending on experience
This job position will be involved with analytical testing to support product quality analysis for Bioprocess Development under the supervision of a senior scientist, to include:
· Sample preparation involving excellent pipetting skills
· Performance of enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISAs) to monitor impurities and to assess antigen binding.
· Performance of basic data acquisition and statistical analysis with clear and concise documentation in electronic lab notebooks.
· Reporting ELISA results to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
· A Bachelor’s or master’s degree in life sciences or chemical/biochemical engineering or related disciplines.
· 3-5+ (BS), or 0-3+ (MS) years of work experience with knowledge of standard ELISA techniques.
· Sound scientific understanding of ELISA technology to effectively interpret and troubleshoot is desirable.
· Experiences in electronic workflow and data management tools is a plus.
· The candidate must possess strong written, oral, and collaborative skills to effectively communicate experimental procedures and results.
· Basic knowledge in related functional areas, such as cell culture and protein purification are a plus
· Demonstrated record of independent thinking, creativity, and scientific accomplishment
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.