Associate Scientist/Sr. Associate Scientist, RNA Oligonucleotide Chemistry
40 Erie St Cambridge, MA 02139 US
COMPANY: Associate Scientist/Sr. AS-Contract position, RNA Oligonucleotide Chemistry
The development of CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing technology opens a new frontier in biomedical research and clinical intervention. Adapted from a natural cellular process, CRISPR/Cas9 permits the editing of any gene in any organism with unprecedented simplicity and flexibility. xxx Therapeutics was founded in 2014 by Caribou Biosciences and Atlas Venture, along with a consortium of leading scientists who have helped define the space. xxx Therapeutics holds exclusive access to a broad intellectual property portfolio covering the application of CRISPR/Cas9 technology for human therapeutic use. As we build our team, we’re looking for people who share our commitment and energy to make a difference.
xxx Therapeutics is seeking an individual to work closely with the RNA Chemistry Team responsible for synthetic oligonucleotides. This individual will be involved in a complete production process for the identification, implementation & fulfillment of synthesis, purification and reaction scheme analytical characterization and method development of oligonucleotides.
- Hands-on position in an oligonucleotide chemistry lab inclusive of operating, maintaining & calibrating synthesis platforms and other scientific equipment.
- Handling automated oligo synthesizer (Expedite, Dr.Oligo, Mermaid, Akta OP-100, etc) using solid-phase.
- Knowledge of oligonucleotide purification techniques (using Akta system) and Unicorn software.
- Synthetic oligonucleotide method and process development participation.
- Demonstrate basic lab competency in preparing reagents and buffers & handling chemicals.
- Follow operating procedures and process improvement documents.
- Documentation of results and data analysis
- Ensure safety and product quality are paramount throughout the laboratory environment.
- Capable of repetitive tasks and performing other duties as assigned.
- Perform general lab-operation activities.
- B.S. or B.A. equivalent in Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field with 10+ yrs general laboratory experience or M.S. in Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field and 5+ yrs laboratory experience.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office Suite.
- More experienced candidates with oligonucleotide chemistry experience will be strongly considered.
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional time management
- Effective communicator
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.