Associate Systems Engineer
1 Bayer Drive Indianola, PA 15051 US
Target Pay Rate: 30-44.65/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
The Systems Engineering department provides engineering support for the development of fluid delivery injection systems used within the Radiology CT, MRI, and Angiography environments. The department is responsible for the identification of use cases, creating system level requirements, and performing risk assessments. The department also provides support for existing products in Life Cycle Engineering.
The purpose of this position is to increase Systems Engineering capacity and capability within the Radiology R&D organizations. Work assignments and responsibilities may include new product development and lifecycle engineering projects. The Associate Systems Engineer will support senior Systems Engineers. Work activities will be varied, including but not limited to the following areas: use cases, system level requirements, engineering design studies, medical device risk management, requirements management and human factors engineering.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Systems Engineering responsibilities on New Product Development or Lifecycle Engineering projects.
- Fulfill tasks assigned by lead engineers.
- Apply understanding and working knowledge of requirements management methods and processes
- Support the use of the Doors Next Generation Requirement Management Application
- Co-ordinate with stakeholders and customers in performing tasks.
- Participate in technical reviews and cross-functional documentation reviews
- Present complex technical information to an audience of varied expertise/level for guidance, education, and decision-making
- Education Minimum Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
- Basic understanding of engineering and medical device design and development
- Excellent people skills, ability to partner well
- Strong, independent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Sound judgment and decision-making; ability to manage, balance, and prioritize issues arising from many project stakeholders.
- High-performance orientation; takes pride in work; demonstrates energy, enthusiasm, positive attitude, and creativity in problem solving.
- Strong ability to plan and prioritize complex activities
- Attention to detail
- Biomedical Engineering degree
- Some exposure to or knowledge of an FDA regulated environment and Medical Device Quality Systems Regulations
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.