Bio Process Engineer
North Chicago, IL 60044 US
*Depending on experience
The incumbent will work under the guidance of R&D and Process Engineering at SABIC (Skincare Aesthetics Bio-process Innovation Center) in North Chicago.
• Thoughtful design and execution of laboratory experimentation for cell culture and bio-process development, optimization and scale-up in a quest to innovate new cell based active materials and processes.
o Discover and develop new bioprocesses.
o Optimize culture media and conditions for cell cultures.
o Utilize appropriate engineering tools and technologies including computational fluid dynamics (CFD) modelling for process design and scale up.
• Communicate experimental plan, analyse. data and findings with the technical teams.
• Present progress summary to stakeholders.
Education and Experience
- Equivalent to 4 or more years of college education - with preference in scientific disciplines (Chemical engineering, bioengineering, biomedical engineering, chemistry or equivalent)
- Must have strong fundamentals in chemical engineering.
- Desirable to have a PhD (or MS with 6+ years or a BS with 8+ years of experience) in development or scale up of bioprocesses.
- Desirable to have experience of scale-up, manufacturing, validation, CMC of cell culture products.
- Must be self-motivated and show willingness to take on new approaches/technologies and additional responsibilities.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Must demonstrate excellence in oral and written communications.
- Computer proficiency with common PC software such as Microsoft Office and Excel.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, self-starter, motivated.
- Proficient computer skills, statistical and analytical tools.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.