Bioinformatics Scientist - III (Senior)
213 East Grand Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
We are seeking a motivated Computational Biologist with hands on experience to join our team dedicated to advancing our Cardiometabolic Disease (CMD) portfolio.
As a scientist in CMD, you will:
- Be part of creative and enthusiastic teams working on target identification and validation (TIDVAL) for heart failure, NASH, fibrosis, inflammation, obesity, retinal diseases, and vascular disease
- Work with dynamic cross-functional matrixed teams to support discovery activities.
- Be responsible to adapt pipelines and create data analysis solutions to analyze large scale omics data (transcriptomics, genomic, genetic, metabolomic, proteomic) for TIDVAL.
- Work with in-house, open-source and/or commercially available platforms for the processing and analyzing large datasets.
- Engage and collaborate with wet lab scientists on experimental design, data analysis and interpretation, and mechanistic understanding of target biology.
- Have a proven track record across a wide range of computational biological methods, including but not limited to: next generation sequence data analysis, especially bulk RNAseq and scRNAseq, and data mining
- Collaborative mindset with strong communication and presentation skills
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.