Biological Development - Clinical Manufacturing Facility Lab Technician
747 Grayson Street Berkeley, CA 94710 US
Target Pay Rate: 25-32.46/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
Clinical Manufacturing produces a variety of products which are used in clinical trials.
Contributes to development projects, from laboratory to commercial manufacturing, by applying a range of scientific principles. Duties will include GMP Clinical Manufacturing and executing bench scale development.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under supervision executes and supports clinical manufacturing operations (media/buffer preparation, equipment cleaning, equipment preparation, etc.) under GMP conditions
- Assists in development experiments as required
- Completes and stays current with GMP training requirements
- Maintains and troubleshoots manufacturing equipment as required, including scales, meters, analytical equipment, etc.
- Exercises judgment within defined practices and policies to determine appropriate action and is capable of understanding technical literature for problem solving
- Attends and participates in regularly scheduled meetings, providing verbal and/or written status updates on assigned tasks
- Collects and compiles data and records in Batch Production Records and/or Standard Operating Procedure Log sheets
- AAS Degree in Biochemistry, Microbiology Chemistry, Bioengineering, or related field with 0-2 years relevant experience.
- Ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions in the performance of experiments, assays, and/or procedures.
- Ability to learn quickly, pay attention to detail, prioritize assigned tasks and effectively manage time to meet deadlines.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft suite of software (Word, Excel).
- Ability and desire to be a good team-player of a project team.
Preferences: (list nice-to-haves such a specific knowledge items, certifications, skills, abilities, etc.)
- Demonstrate general scientific understanding of biotherapeutics.
- Understands GMP requirements.
- Scientific understanding of the industry and a general knowledge of the product, technology and/or markets.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including report writing skills.
- Why is this position open? Growth on the team, turn over, skills gap?
Position is open due to increase resource need during manufacturing campaign.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.