North Chicago, IL 60044 US
*Depending on experience
The Proteasome Sciences (PS) Team is seeking a motivated scientist who is interested in a multidisciplinary position. PS is part of the Protein Degradation Platform Team that works in early discovery and development of technologies to induce protein degradation.
The focus of this position is to generate experimental data for machine learning efforts in proteomics, lipidomics, and cell toxicity. The contractor will prepare cell imaging assays, learn chemical biology and analytical techniques, and gain a fundamental understanding of proteasome biology.
Key responsibilities may include:
• Cell culture, treatment, and imaging
• Protein and metabolite sample preparation for mass spectrometry analysis
• Apply chemical biology techniques to study new modalities of protein degradation
• Summarize and articulate results to the PS team
• Completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s in biochemistry, chemistry, or a related field
• Cell culture experience
• Basic statistical analysis skills
• Biochemical techniques including gel electrophoresis, western blotting, & PCR
Preferred Qualifications (Optional)
• Completed biochemistry and cell biology coursework
• 1-2 years of prior research experience at an academic institution or industry
• Experience operating a mass spectrometer
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.