North Chicago, IL 60044 US
*Depending on experience
We have an opportunity available for a motivated and skilled biologist who will support the activities of a cell bank in a highly collaborative environment. The candidate must be willing to work as part of a multidisciplinary research team under the mentorship of a supervisor.
The major responsibilities will include routine mammalian cell culture, cell bank maintenance and equipment handling.
The successful candidate will be expected to rapidly learn the daily operation of the lab, readily adapt to changing needs and priorities. Excellent teamwork, communication skills, adherence to good laboratory conduct, documentation practices and safety guidelines are essential.
• Associate degree with 1-2 years’ experience BS degree or equivalent education with no additional experience.
• Knowledge of aseptic technique.
• Prior wet lab bench work experience and familiarity with general biology lab procedures.
• Ability to perform routine tasks in a timeline driven and goal-oriented team environment.
• Driven, agile, detail-oriented, organized and a self-starter.
• Experience with mammalian cell culture, working in a cell bank, cryopreservation and handling multiple adherent, suspension, or mixed cell lines simultaneously.
Key Leadership Competencies:
• Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
• Fast learner and adaptable to quick-changing priorities.
• Creates a learning environment, open to feedback for improvement.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8-hour day)
Entry level skills, either Associates with 1-2 years of experience, Bachelors Degree in Biology with no lab experience or BS in Chemistry with Biology minor. Familiar with general lab equipment, i.e. microscope, Autoclave.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.