Worcester, MA 01605 US
*Depending on experience
• This position is in the Purification Group of the Biologics Development and Launch, Purification Department, at the Bioresearch Center. The candidate will be involved with all aspects of protein purification and protein chemistry to support biopharmaceutical process development.
Responsibilities, under the supervision of a senior scientist:
• Execute high through put scale down robotic purification from early stage to late stage for cross function groups, viral clearance, process characterization, and continuous process improvement studies, performing basic data acquisition and analysis, documenting in electric lab notebooks
• Will develop economical, robust steps for recovering the target protein from bioreactor harvests using chromatography, filtration, and other separation techniques; developing downstream purification processes to be transferred to Manufacturing; and performing laboratory scale process characterization studies.
• The individual can perform various bioanalytical assays, including HPLC, ELISAs and SDS-PAGE, to aid in rapid process development.
• The candidate must possess strong written, oral, and collaborative skills in order to effectively communicate experimental procedures and results.
• As appropriate, the candidate may supply technical support for pilot and/or GMP manufacturing of clinical materials.
• Years of experience/education and/or certifications required: (0-2 years of experience for Biologist I) (2-3 years of experience, bachelor’s degree or masters could be considered for Biologist II)
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.