100 Research Dr Worcester, MA 01605 US
*Depending on experience
Contract position Biologist II- ADC Platform
The ADC (Antibody Drug Conjugates) platform group within SMTPT (Small Molecule Therapeutics & Platform Technologies. ADC Platform group collaborates with drug discovery project teams across all Company therapeutic areas including Oncology and Immunology. The ideal candidate will effectively work to collaborate with chemists, biologists and pharmacologists to characterize large and small molecules for ADC development.
· Design and execute in vitro assays for screening of biologics, small molecules and antibody drug conjugates
o Reporter, cytokine release, cell killing and antibody internalization assays
· Generate and characterize transient and stable cell lines to support antibody drug conjugate programs.
o Lipid transfection and lenti viral infections
· Characterize lead molecules and confirm mechanism of action
· Work collaboratively with project teams to deliver targets across portfolio
· Demonstrate scientific excellence, work ethic, and dedication to team and project goals
· Work collaboratively in a matrix with project teams and members of the Biologics Group to drive innovation and deliver novel therapies to patients
· Develop productive collaborations and communication with other groups across therapeutic areas
· Bachelor’s degree in related discipline with 3 or more years of experience and a BS in Biology or Biochemistry
· Experienced screening antibodies, small molecules and siRNAs (reporter assays, proliferation and cytokine release)
· Experience executing antibody internalization and siRNA loss of function studies is a plus
· Experience with transfections and generating transient and stable cell lines
· Experience culturing adherent, suspension and primary cells
· Proficiency in performing flow cytometry and western blot experiments
· Experience with performing qPCR and automated western blot analysis
· Experience working with high throughput laboratory workflows and instruments such MACsQuant, FACS Canto, Microbeta, Wes, Amnis Imagestream, Via7 (taqman) and Spectramax plate readers.
· Experience documenting experimental methods and results into BIOELN
· Ability to summarize and present results to project teams
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.