Business Analyst II
100 College St New Haven, CT 06510 US
This is what you will do:
At this company, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. As Business Analyst II, based in New Haven, CT, you will play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
The Business Analyst II is responsible for overseeing U.S. accounts receivables balances, exhibiting superior customer service qualities while maintaining compliance and adherence to the company's policies and control structure. This position will be a key member of a cross-functional team adding value to the global Order to Cash processes, including: the accounts receivable aging, reporting and analysis, customer relationships and business partner outreach.
Specifically, we are seeking an individual with the traits listed below:
- Motivated self-starter who is detailed, results and process oriented with a focus on effective and efficient improvements
- Strong collaboration and people skills, comfortable working with a cross-functional and collaborative team and effectively able to deal with all levels of personnel across geographies
- Organized individual with the ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining high performance standards
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills and ability to work in a highly visible, deadline-oriented position and environment
The position and its responsibilities will be focused on the U.S. accounts receivable of a >$4B business unit of AstraZeneca, requiring a high degree of customer service skills and financial proficiency. Significant interaction with customers and cross-functional teams (such as Finance, Accounting, Customer Operations, Global Order to Cash, etc.) will be required.
Accounts Receivable & Aging Analysis
- Monitor the accounts receivable of U.S. operations, identifying overdue balances timely
- Investigate historical data to identify and summarize payment application issues, unclaimed credit notes, etc.
- Develop reporting and analysis to track progress of accounts receivable collections and improvement to aging
- Attend key meetings, providing commentary and analysis of U.S. accounts receivable and customer aging status
- Provide thorough and accurate documentation to customer accounts
- Contact customers with overdue accounts and attempt to collect the overdue amounts
- Resolve customer issues and complaints concerning billings
- Exhibit familiarity with laws related to debt collection
- Collaborate with third-party service organization and internal Global Finance Services teams throughout the Order to Cash process
- Function as the point for U.S. accounts receivables escalations or questions, whether from customers or internal
- Support the definition and standardization of global Order to Cash processes as the integration of this company with its partner progresses
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field (Management, Finance)
- 3-6 years of experience in similar roles
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to meet strict deadlines
- Highly self-motivated, driving for results
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, including communication with customers
- Proven experience as a collection specialist or similar role
- Intermediate level with Microsoft Office Products
We would prefer for you to have:
- Experience in Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry is a strong plus
- Experience with SAP preferred
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.