Business Support Call Center Lead
Northbrook, IL 60062 US
Purpose & Scope:
This position is responsible for overseeing and providing superior customer service and timely responses to our field and Medical Affairs representatives. The Business Support Call Center Lead will work with the Associate Business Support Manager to provide leadership, coaching and support to the Call Center Specialists team. The Lead will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise and support for all day-to-day call center activies.
This role serves a call center team leader that oversees and monitors a group of call center specialists. The call center team leader work with the Associate Manager to provide: training, feedback and coaching for the team.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Act as Lead Subject Matter Expert for call center specialists in the day-to-day activites
- Handle scheduling for call center team
- Provide daily, weekly and quarterly metrics on call center call volume
- Ability to triage inquires to relevant Subject Matter Expert that require 2nd level support
- Ability to identify trends and new solutions for Knowledge Database
- Work with Business Support Specialists to handle all inbound & Outbound calls for the call center
- Respond to email inquires that are received in the Business Support Mailbox
- Report issues that need to be escalated
- Responsible for additional Field Operations projects
- Ensures problem tickets and issues are resolved in timely manner based on required service levels
- Successful communication of changes and training to all appropriate staff
Organizational Context: Reports to Associate Business Support Manager The Business Support function is within Field Operations. This position will have some oversight responsibility with the Call Center Specialists. The role requires some collaboration with management, staff in Marketing & Sales, Commercial Ops and Medical Affairs
- 1-3 years relevant experience Customer Service and/ or Sales Support environment
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees including senior management
- Train Call Center Specialists on processes and support procedures
- Communicate effectively, solve problems, demonstrate integrity, and display emotional intelligence.
- Ability to take provide accurate and satisfactory answers to all inquires received internally and externally
- Anticipates issues and recognizes needs; proficient at solving problems and developing practical, meaningful resolutions
- Ability to manage multiple work-streams, collaborate with cross-functional teams and provide actionable and effective feedback to management and business partners
- Proficient in computer desktop software in a Windows environment including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com, Veeva CRM and ServiceNow (desired)
- Working knowledge of Visio and industry data sources, e.g., IMS Health, MedPro Systems, etc.
- Bachelors Degree preferred or prior Lead role that contains call center experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.