Business Systems Analyst I
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
Main Purpose of the Position:
This position is part of the Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) function. EHS plays an essential role in protecting our right to operate and serving as a steward for the culture embracing prevention and problem solving to reduce risks and protect our people, environment and pipeline on our SSF campus and network of places. Here, compliance is a shared responsibility with the business. The Junior Business Systems Analyst will support the delivery and maintenance of technology, data, and analytics solutions for the Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) group in Site Services. This position reports directly to the Director of EHS Strategy and Business Operations (SBO).
- Partners with internal stakeholders and colleagues within EHS, the business, and IT (up to Director level) to understand, define and deliver scalable technology, data, and analytics services and solutions to continuously improve the business. Aggressively achieves EHS business objectives by driving successful technology solutions. Contributes to shaping EHS culture via technology and data use within EHS and client groups.
- Brings awareness of new approaches to technology and products, including opportunities to leverage data analytics and artificial intelligence to improve EHS business performance and integrating into EHS technology roadmap as applicable.
- Supports implementation of the EHS technology roadmap and maintenance of existing infrastructure. Ensures technology properly reports EHS status, metrics, and insights.
- Manages project delivery of technologies and supporting solutions to ensure compliance and a simplified end user experience. Tracks progress, identifies dependencies/constraints, evaluates risks and resolves issues. Communicates progress and challenges proactively with EHS Leadership Team and business stakeholders (typically up to the Director level).
- Coaches and mentors others in utilization of technology and data.
Competencies Identified for Success:
- Outstanding analytical and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to manage/track multiple projects of varying complexity and scope simultaneously. Possesses the curiosity and interest in re-evaluating existing designs and exercising independent judgment and decision making in solving issues and driving toward solutions.
- Listens deeply to key stakeholders, considers their needs along with the needs of the business to make well-informed decisions. Possess a passion for digital innovation and commitment to a superb client experience.
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to effectively develop clear and concise messages from complex data, present to EHS LT and staff, and quickly gain trust. Can translate data into actionable insights and communicate in a way that resonates-inspiring people to care.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills. Proven ability to facilitate and lead effective cross functional and inter-departmental teams within a fast-paced, diverse and matrixed environment. This may include leading and/or participating in agile teams focused on creating value for the business.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills: (Minimum requirements)
- Education: BA/BS in technology, engineering or business management, or equivalent work experience.
- 0-3 years of experience in Information Technology (IT) Business Systems Analysis, Technology and EHS Applications including experience with IT software and database systems such as Tableau.
- Experience in pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device or high tech industries is desired but not required.
- Project management experience is highly desired. Proficient at organizing, managing and delivering solutions.
- Working knowledge of LEAN/KANBAN/SCRUM software development methodologies is desirable.
- Familiar with Cal OSHA, EPA, DOT, NIOSH, FDA and other regulatory requirements applicable to good clinical, laboratory, and manufacturing practices (GxP) and non-GxP environments highly desired.
*CO candidates may not be considered
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.