747 Grayson Street Berkeley, CA 94710 US
Target Pay Rate: 30-46.42 **salary will be commensurate with experience
Responsible for ensuring material availability to support production schedules by managing material requirements planning, purchasing process and inventory management of raw materials.
- Responsible for ensuring material availability to support production schedules by managing material requirements planning, purchasing process and inventory management of raw materials.
- Develop knowledge in materials planning using SAP APO and P2R
- Develop knowledge on the purchasing process including interactions with suppliers and resolution of issues relating to purchase orders
- Develop knowledge on inventory management and optimization
- SAP knowledge and experience
- Analyze messages from and MRP system and place orders in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to evaluate and analyze data to enable decision-making or present clear recommendations to leadership.
- Inquisitive and thorough in approach
- Understanding of internal business structure
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively in cross functional teams
- Bring ideas to management and be able to implement necessary process improvements
- Manage suppliers to reduce costs, improve quality, control inventories and ensure timely flow of material
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Medium to high proficiency in MS Excel
- More than a junior buyer planner
- Advanced knowledge in SAP
- High analytical skills, problem solving
- Solid Communication skills
- Experience with vendors both locally and international
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 3 years' experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.