CMC Regulatory Consultant
700 Saginaw Drive Redwood City, CA 94063 US
The position is responsible for providing CMC regulatory strategies and leading the preparation of CMC sections of regulatory submissions to support the clinical development and eventual marketing approval of the pipeline compounds/products.
- Provide CMC regulatory strategies to support the clinical development and eventual marketing approval of the investigational products.
- Lead the preparation and maintenance of the CMC / quality sections for regulatory submissions including initial submission of IND, IMPD/CTA, NDA, MAA, and amendments to Health Authorities (HAs), and preparation of responses to queries from HAs.
- Serve as the CMC regulatory representative on project teams and provide CMC regulatory support for the clinical development of the investigational product(s) and ensure applicable regulatory requirements are appropriately met.
- Work with the corporate regulatory team, CMC SMEs, and/or CROs to identify regional/country-specific CMC requirements to support global applications, and to drive the CMC submission timelines to meet business objectives.
- Provide regulatory assessment and guidance on CMC-related change controls, deviations, and investigations throughout the product life cycle.
- Maintain knowledge of the global competitive landscape, regulatory environment, regulations, and CMC guidance, providing interpretation to internal stakeholders.
- Preferably advanced degree (MSc or PhD degree) in Pharmaceutical Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a closely related field is desirable.
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech drug development experience with 5 + years of experience in global CMC regulatory affairs with working experience and content knowledge in CMC development of NCEs / small molecules.
- Experience in leading CMC-related global submissions (IND, IMPD/CTA, NDA, MAA, etc.).
- Solid knowledge of US and international GMP quality regulations, current industry practices, and experience with interpretation and application to development projects and marketed product regulatory issues.
- Demonstrated experience in effective collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic company environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and good interpersonal skills.
The company currently requires that all personnel and visitors to its offices be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This role will require that the employee meet with company employees and work from the company’s offices.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.