Calibration/Metrology Tech II
7611 Northland Drive North Crystal, MN 55428 US
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned. Calibrates electronic test measuring equipment and signal generating equipment to conform to set standards. Tests calibrates adjusts and maintains electromechanical mechanical optical pneumatic hydro mechanical and pressuretype measuring and indicating instruments. Sets up calibration sequences methods and procedures according to detailed specifications blueprints drawings and requirements. Disassembles cleans repairs and replaces defective parts of test equipment such as pressure gauges and tension meters. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
TECHNICIAN SUPPORT CAREER STREAM: Provides technical support in areas such as production operations maintenance safety testing process improvement or product development. Uses schematics diagrams written and verbal descriptions or defined plans to perform testing and troubleshooting on electronic or mechanical components equipment or systems. Gathers maintains formats compiles and manipulates technical data using established formulae and procedures and performs detailed mathematical calculations. For higher levels may suggest and/or make improvements to optimize work processes.
Autonomy: Established and productive individual contributor working under moderate supervision . Performs tests interprets data and develops reports.
Organizational Impact: Performs intermediate technical activities requiring judgment and decisionmaking . Work consists of technical tasks that are typically routine.
Innovation and Complexity: Technical problems faced are generally routine but may require interpretation of procedures or policies to resolve problems . May be required to highlight areas of concerns/problems in own job area.
Communication and Influence: Communicates typically with internal contacts . Obtains and provides technical information requiring some explanation or interpretation .
Leadership and Talent Management: May provide guidance and assistance to new or entry level employees.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience and may require vocational or technical education or certification in addition to prior work experience • High School Diploma or GED
Nice To Have
- ASQ Certified Calibration Technician
- Involvement in medical device or other regulated industries
- Experience with DMAIC problem solving
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute on daily tasks, and long-term objectives as demonstrated by self-prioritizing and managing work requests
- Knowledge of calibration and measurement principles: measurement uncertainty, measurement traceability, measurement standards, test uncertainty/accuracy ratios, measurement system analysis (MSA), SI units, calibration intervals, and out-of-tolerance reporting.
- Knowledge of the English and Metric measuring systems with the ability to perform mathematical conversions to each.
- Experience maintaining equipment service records and system logs or manuals, to document testing or operation of equipment.
- Knowledge of calibration equipment standards to include test uncertainty ratio and test accuracy ratio analysis.
- Familiar with these regulations: FDA 21 CFR Part 820 cGMP, ISO 13485, ISO 10012, and ISO 17025
- Familiar with NIST, BIPM, NCSL, ASTM, ASME, or other organizations related to metrology, measurements, or standards.
- Organized, efficient, process oriented; interpersonal/communication skills; self-motivated; team player; strong work ethic; works well under pressure in a dynamic environment; tactful, exercises independent judgment and discretion – professional presentation.
- Ability to work on assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
- Hands-on mentality and eager to learn
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.