Cancer Immunotherapy Reverse Translation, in vitro biology/Scientist II
1 DNA Way South, CA 94080 US
We seek a talented and motivated contract Scientist to join our Oncology Reverse Translation (RT) team in South San Francisco. Our team aims to develop next generation therapeutic strategies and targets by mining our clinical datasets for new insights into how malignancies respond or resist existing cancer immunotherapy treatments, and then validating those associations in vitro and in vivo. In this role, you will work with both computational and lab-based scientists to plan, conduct, and analyze in vitro studies in support of both high-priority RT projects and Genentech/Roches broader cancer immunotherapy assets. Specifically, you will help develop assays and platforms to screen new drug targets coming out of our clinical datasets, and you will also help engineer the model systems that will be used to validate hits from those screens.
1. Plan, conduct, and analyze in vitro assays to test and validate key mechanistic hypotheses and therapeutic targets identified by the RT team.
2. Support the onboarding and development of novel molecular and cellular tools and technologies to support your projects.
3. Support additional project work such as cell culture, flow cytometry, western blotting, and ELISAs.
4. Present to and participate at team, department, and other meetings to support project development and decision making.
5. Publish your work in high quality journals.
Who you are:
1. Bachelors or Masters degree in cell biology, immunology, oncology, or a related field.
2. Demonstrated expertise and at least
3 years of hands-on laboratory experience with in vitro assay development, immunoassays, and/or cutting-edge genomic techniques.
3. Proficiency in molecular biology, such as basic cloning techniques, western blotting, ELISAs, single gene or library-based CRISPR KO design (either non-viral RNP or lentiviral delivery), and RNA preparations for qRT-PCR or bulk RNA-seq applications. Cell labeling and sample preparation for single cell RNA-sequencing is recommended but not required.
4. Experience with cell culture, small molecule handling and dosing, lentiviral/retroviral transductions, multi-color flow cytometry (with an emphasis on CyTek spectral cytometry), FACS-based cell sorting (with an emphasis on BD FACSAria and FACSMelody platforms). Experience with immune cell functional assays, human PBMCs, and ex vivo mouse tissue preparations is recommended but not required.
5. Stellar communication and time management skills. Ability to work collaboratively.
6. Track record of success as evidenced by publications and/or sustained contributions in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting.
Pay Rate Range: $70-100/hr. Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.