Cancer Immunotherapy Reverse Translation Scientist
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
We seek a highly motivated and talented contract Scientist to contribute to ground-breaking reverse translation efforts. The candidate will join a team of researchers on vibrant research campus in South San Francisco, with the goal of identifying and validating novel mechanisms of response and resistance of cancer immunotherapy in support of early and late-stage Cancer Immunotherapy assets.
Cancer Immunotherapy (CIT): Qualified candidate will participate in the discovery and investigation of novel drug targets in the therapeutic area of tumor inflammation and immunology. The successful candidate will be a lab-based member of a cross-functional team. Using state of the art techniques and technologies, he/she will be involved in the purification of immune cells for in-vitro cell culture, T cell functional assays including in vitro stimulation, multi-color flow cytometry, and investigation of new molecular pathways using cellular and molecular techniques to investigate receptor/ligand interactions for potential therapeutic utility. Direct experience with animal models of immune response and/or anti-tumor immunity is preferred.
- Responsible for translational research to enable the development of biomarkers and assays for use in the clinical development of our candidate medicines.
- Experimental strategies will include the application of state of the art molecular and genomic technologies to analyze clinical samples.
- Specific responsibilities will include processing and analyzing clinical trial samples, data analysis, and contributing to experimental design and planning.
- Participate in and contribute to team and department meetings, and effectively collaborate with researchers across different departments and functions
- Publish scientific results in high-quality journals
- The successful candidate will hold degrees in Cell / Molecular / Cancer Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Biological / Chemical Engineering, or related disciplines.
- BA/BS, MS, or PhD degree(s), with combined 6+ years of hands-on laboratory research experience. Title will be commensurate with experience.
- Candidates will have an intimate knowledge of, and extensive hands-on experience with, relevant molecular (e.g. PCR, DNA manipulation) and cell biology techniques (e.g. primary and derivative cell line culture and transfection).
- Substantial expertise and hands-on laboratory research experience with immuno-assays and primary immune cell assays.
- Intimate knowledge and familiarity with sample dissociation methodologies of fresh tissues for downstream multi-color flow cytometry analyses.
- Preferred candidates will have experience in oncology, immunology, development of biomarker assays, and their implementation in clinical trials.
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work with scientists and associates from multiple laboratories, disciplines and departments.
- A proven track record, including authorship of and / or contributions to, publications in top tier journals is preferred.
- Possess a thoughtful and meticulous approach to experimental design and execution, and bring scientific rigor and creativity to problem solving.
Pay rate range: $60-115/hr. Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.