Capping Operator, Manufacturing (3rd shift - Weekends)
927 S Curry Pike Bloomington, IN 47402 Bloomington, IN 47402 US
Target Pay Rate: 18.70/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
The Capping Operator (Operator II) position supports aseptic filling operations by staging and delivering components, conducting in-process testing, operating capping equipment, conducting inspections of filled units, batch count reconciliation, and terminal sterilization in conformance with current Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Documentation Practices (cGMP/GDP) standards. This position reports to the Manufacturing Supervisor.
- Shift differential + $1,000 Sign On Bonus! Benefits day one!
What you’ll be doing:
- Understand and follow current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Operate automated terminal sterilizers
- Perform product weight verification
- Perform routine cleanup, line clearances, and sanitizations as assigned by area supervision to maintain cGMP compliance within the work areas
- Perform sanitizations in a timely and effective manner in accordance with cGMPs and procedures, maintaining production schedule
- Setup and operate capping equipment
- Assist in the training and development of other team members
- Required to maintain attendance in accordance with the Bloomington Attendance Policy
- Scheduled weekend overtime will be required
Work Environment: Classified pharmaceutical environment wearing required gowning as shown in attached document. Must be able to work safely with materials required to produce pharmaceutical products, including chemicals, compounds, glassware and sanitization solutions.
This is a full time, 4 days/week (36 hours/week) shift. Plus required overtime.
This position is required to work all designated plant holidays. Training is approximately 4 weeks on 1st shift hours, Monday – Friday.
What you’ll bring:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 6 months of previous Pharmaceutical or Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills, including legible handwriting
- Good interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of aseptic manufacturing practices
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures, specifications, and job-specific training materials
- Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English
Physical / Safety Requirements:
- Must be able to lift, push/pull, and carry up to 52 pounds
- Required to stand for up to 8 hours per day, including constant standing for 2 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift 24 pounds overhead
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is required
Additional Requirement: Final candidates for Capping Operator will be required to pass a post offer/pre-employment job placement examination which will test the physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.