Cell Engineering Scientist
280 UTAH AVE., SUITE 200 SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94080 US
- Build improved CRISPR-Cas-related and novel systems that enable therapeutic genome and transcriptome engineering
- Identify specific genomic targets and develop candidate strategies for therapeutic intervention using our technology portfolio
- Comprehensively characterize the genotypic changes induced by candidate therapies, including efficacy, specificity, oncogenic potential, etc.
- Assess the functional impact of therapeutic candidates using appropriate in vitro and in vivo model systems
- Develop in vivo delivery approaches for candidate therapies using AAV, LNP, or other platforms
- Support IND-enabling studies including toxicology, CMC, immunology, and related
- Maintain comprehensive, accurate records to support scientific best practices, diligence, IND submissions, etc.
- Mentor and manage junior scientists/associates by leading discussions of new ideas and/or approaches, challenging ideas and interpretations, and cultivating teams to help solve challenging experimental questions
- A PhD in a biological discipline, or a masters with a minimum of four years of experience in independent experimental design, focused on bioengineering to change the behavior of cells through control of the genome or transcriptome
- A creative thinker with a track record of high-quality data generation
- An experimentalist ready and able to drive to the full cycle of design/build/test/analyze
- Strong understanding of cell engineering and tissue culture best practices
- Demonstrated track record of characterizing, developing, and optimizing genome or transcriptome modification systems
- Experience using CRISPR-Cas or similar gene editing tools for therapeutic applications
- Experience with therapeutic target selection and optimization
- Experience engineering protein-DNA and/or protein-RNA interactions
- Experience establishing pooled or other high throughput screens
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams to achieve experimental objectives
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.