Cell Therapy Specialist I
Urbana, MD 21704 US
Job Description Everyone at this facility is grounded by one common goal - curing cancer. Every single day, we seek to establish a direct line between that purpose and our day-to-day work. Would you like to join us in this mission?
We are seeking a highly motivated, Cell Therapy Specialist to join our newly formed Cell Therapy Manufacturing team at our brand new, state of the art, commercial Cell Therapy facility in Frederick, Maryland.
The Cell Therapy Specialist will perform and/or verify all tasks associated with the manufacture of commercial product following batch records and standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure safe and compliant operations as well as works as part of a team to execute GMP runs in close collaboration with Materials Management, Quality Control and Quality Assurance.
Are you passionate about making an impact on peoples lives? Would you be excited to work for a company leading the way in developing and producing unique, innovative immunotherapies? Do you have a background in cGMP manufacturing? If the answer is yes, wed like to consider you!
Responsibilities of the Cell Therapy Specialist include:
- Successfully troubleshoots processing and equipment issues while communicating said issues to management
- Completes required training assignments to maintain necessary technical skills and knowledge and to ensure compliance with cGMP requirements
- Authors and/or revises SOPs that are technically sound, provides clear instructions to align with cGMP requirements and supports efficient operations
- Routinely monitors, cleans, prepares and operates sophisticated automated cell processing, cell expansion and filling equipment in Grade B/C clean rooms
- all required PPE and gowning for classified GMP manufacturing areas is provided by the company.
- Finds opportunities for improvement in manufacturing efficiencies and compliance while assisting with investigations/deviations and change controls
Basic Requirements: BA / BS Degree in Sciences Field OR AA Degree with 1+ years of cGMP experience
High School Degree and 2+ years of cGMP experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.