Change Management Specialist
Fort Worth, TX 76107 US
We are actively seeking an experienced professional for the role of a Project Change Management and Internal Communications Specialist to play a crucial role in the implementation and adoption of a new Workday contingent worker platform, the associated re-engineered processes and new ways of working.
This position is integral to the success of the overall project, ensuring smooth transition, fostering people leader and employee buy-in, and maintaining effective internal communication throughout the project implementation.
The role will work closely with the HR Business Lead, the Project Manager, the Internal Communication team and wider the Project Team to deliver effective change management and communication plans, strategies and tactics supporting the success of the new Contingent Worker Platform.
- In partnership with key stakeholders, develop and execute comprehensive change management and communications strategy tailored to the specific requirements of the project.
- Identify and analyze key stakeholders to understand their perspectives, concerns, and potential resistance to change.
- Anticipate and address resistance to change by actively listening to concerns and providing support and resources to mitigate challenges.
- Foster a culture that encourages open communication and feedback.
- Assess and address potential challenges related to organizational culture, processes, and employee readiness.
- Work with the project manager, to formulate detailed communication plans to keep stakeholders informed about project milestones, updates, and changes.
- Engage with workstream leads and project stakeholders, including internal teams and any external partners, to build awareness and commitment to the overall project.
- Foster a collaborative environment that encourages feedback and ensures alignment with project goals.
- Engage leadership at all levels to secure their commitment to and active participation in the change process.
- Provide resources to empower leaders to serve as change champions within their respective areas to support the adoption of the new platform and ways of working.
- Create and deliver the communications strategy, tailoring it for to diverse audiences and different languages, ensuring clarity and transparency.
- Working with the business and Global Learning and Development, Identify and address specific training needs based on project requirements, ensuring that the training is relevant, accessible, and addresses the diverse needs of the workforce.
- Coordinate training programs for end-users to facilitate a seamless transition to the new platform, processes, and new ways of working.
- Empower employees to embrace the new ways of working by providing resources, support, and guidance.
- Develop initiatives to celebrate project milestones and achievements.
- Aligning with the internal communications team, create and disseminate clear, consistent, and engaging internal communications materials related to the project deliverables to ensure the successful global roll-out of the platform and new ways of working.
- Utilize various communication channels to reach a diverse audience effectively.
- In alignment with company digital communication strategy, utilize digital and social media tools to convey information and encourage open communication/dialogue.
- Works closely with communication team to ensure message consistency and effective cross-Company communication.
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success of change initiatives.
- Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of change management strategies and adjust plans as needed.
- Establish mechanisms for collecting feedback on the change management and communication processes, using appropriate tools and methods.
- Analyze feedback to identify areas for improvement as the project moves forward.
Location: US – Fort Worth or UK
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, HR, organisational psychology, or related discipline.
- Change management certification preferred.
- Proven experience in change management and communication, preferably for a multinational company
- Proven experience of delivering successful large global change projects encompassing, technology, new processes, and ways of working.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
- Experience in working with a range of business stakeholders from senior management to team members.
- Proficient with Microsoft tools
- Proficient in running virtual and in-person meetings using Teams and other tools as appropriate.
- Proficient with digital communication channels
- Initiative: Able to work independently and receives minimal guidance from leadership, able to reach agreements and consensus despite differing priorities. Ability to deliver on projects. Skilled and competent in leading and managing change and transformations; advises and coaches business leaders on change management best practice approach and provides the understanding, perspectives, tools, and techniques to make change seamless and effortless.
- Team skills: Can be equally effective participating on team (as member) and on an individual basis. Works towards the organizational best interest rather than personal interests. Manages well across the matrix through individuals and processes both at a function level and across the business. Fosters teamwork, comradery, and accountability within the team in which they work. Seeks to strengthen teams with diversity and inclusion. Relates well to people at all levels. Builds effective relationships and gains trust and respect.
- Problem Solving: Can solve complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on analysis of multiple sources of information. Analyses situations and applies critical thinking to resolve situations and advises on courses of action. Evaluates the constraints and risks associated with each course of action identified and selects the viable option to address the problem.
- Reputation for Delivery: Consistently delivers against agreed project plans, is responsive and realistic about time/resources to deliver. Capable to assign, coordinate and follow up activities beyond own responsibilities. Anticipates and prevents future problems, taking charge to bring about change and taking initiative within role. Has the ability to persuade key stakeholders to drive results. Develops and evaluates solutions to problems and implements solutions. Applies systematic thinking to identify new solutions. Able to win impact and influence regardless of organisation boundaries and relationships. Is personally credible.
- Project Management: Strong project management skills and the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams. Ability to successfully manage change activity.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.