Chargeback Analyst II
100 College Rd W Princeton, NJ 08540 US
The Chargebacks department is responsible for researching and processing all customer financial claims that are chargeback related. Primary responsibilities are to accurately research, process, document, and issue payment for chargebacks based on proper evaluation.
- Responsible for the processing wholesaler chargebacks and resubmissions from start to finish using mainframe systems and PC based applications, ensuring all chargebacks are received and processed on a timely basis
- Responsible for the review and evaluation of all chargeback errors, as well as determining appropriate action for resolution
- Addresses chargeback errors by in-depth data analysis and then collaborating with multiple internal departments to obtaining information and feedback necessary for resolution. Also works directly with customer to obtain information necessary for error resolution.
- Responsible for closely monitoring customer deductions, actively pursuing resolution/collection of deductions, and keeping status updates in deduction tracking tool
- Communicates with Finance Shared Service regarding open deductions and status
- Responsible for maintaining an effective customer focus: communicating with and providing supporting documentation for error resolution, efficiencies to reduce future errors, and collection of disputed balances
- Responsible for internal reconciliation reporting and documentation of actions
- Participate/contribute to special projects as needed.
- Provides reporting on chargeback statuses as needed.
- Prepares for and participates in internal account meetings and internal status calls
- Participates in external customer meetings
- Identifies significant issues to review with management and escalates issues and outstanding disputes to management if needed.
- Bachelors degree with 1-4 years experience in financial analysis and customer payments, preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of mainframe systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to interact with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Important competencies are teamwork, problem solving, innovation, planning and organizing, attention to detail, customer focus.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferable. Chargeback experience a plus.
- Understanding of healthcare industry marketing and sales concepts and practices.
VALUES AND BEHAVIORS:
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Analytical thinking, communication /teamwork, planning and organizing.
- Identifying process improvement opportunities.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.