Chemist - III (Senior) - VA Only
2778 S East Side Hwy Elkton, VA 22827 US
QC Lab Position Elkton, VA responsible for release and stability testing for antibiotic drug product and associate drug substances. Responsible for Sample preparation and testing
This position will be spent running HPLCs for assay and degradate testing.
• Lab performs a variety of chemical analyses on drug product and drug substance powders. These methods include wet chemistry (bench analyses), and instrumental analyses.
• Much of our workload is focused on HPLC testing including assay, degradate, and related substances analyses.
· Perform analytical testing in the Quality Control laboratory on a variety of samples/products
· Conduct techniques such as UV-VIS, Infrared Spectroscopy, Titrations, Sub-visible particle (HIAC), Liquid Chromatography (LC), Gas Chromatography (GC), and other analytical techniques
· Ensure test data is accurate and that all work is Right-First Time
· Work with team members to ensure the highest levels of cGMP compliance and inspection readiness
· Assist in laboratory related activities such as second person review, instrument calibration and troubleshooting, deviation investigations
· Interact and understand various data acquisition/management software
Education: Minimum: BS/BA/Master's-Biology or Chemistry or related life sciences degree with 4-8 years of relevant experience. Willing to look at associate’s degree for right experience.
8+years with BS
4+years with Master's
12+years of relevant experience with Associate degree
• HPLC experience
• GMP experience
• Documentation experience
• Experience in chemical environment
• Experience with Safety guidelines while working in laboratory or manufacturing site
• Bench chemistry experience
• Knowledge of instrumentation
Nice to have:
GC, LC-MS skills is good to have/desirable
• Any Cinematographic software experience
• MS office
• Team player
• Good interpersonal skills
• Can take direction
• Open to larger team atmosphere
Pay Range: 20-30/hr
Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.