577 Chipeta Way Emigration Canyon, UT 84108 US
Target Pay Rate: 22-24.12/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
**Up to a 3 month training until working independent.
This position is responsible for performing tests of raw materials and drug products, maintaining and calibrating of analytical instruments, preparing standard and sample solutions and maintaining appropriate records.
All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position by any incumbents with reasonable accommodation if necessary. Any non-essential functions are assumed to be included in other related duties or assignments.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies, procedures, and state, federal, and local laws
- Conducts scheduled preventive maintenance and calibration of equipment in accordance with SOPs (i.e., pH meter, HPLC, dissolution equipment, etc.)
- Prepares standard and sample solutions as required by the test methods
- Operates general analytical instruments during testing (i.e., HPLC, GC, UV, automatic titrator, IR, AA and TLC)
- Performs wet chemistry tests (i.e., LOD, pH, titration, etc.) along with interpreting and reporting on results.
- May perform analysis on intermediate and finished products
- Performs peer review of other chemists work and assists other chemists as needed
- Participates in troubleshooting of analytical test methods and laboratory instruments
- Responsible for completing training requirements and maintaining compliance with all assignments
- Responsible for maintaining work areas and performing job functions in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions (WI) and Batch Record instructions
- Responsible for performing additional related duties as assigned
Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
Education and Experience:
- Requires a Bachelors degree in Chemistry or related science from an accredited college or university
- Requires a minimum of zero (0) to one (1) years of experience in laboratory work
- Requires a minimum of zero (0) to one (1) years relevant progressive experience in the pharmaceutical industry or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Reading, writing, and speaking English
- Reading, understanding, and compliance with company policies and procedures; including safety rules and regulations
- Operating personal, business, and scientific computers
- Accurately performing routine testing procedures as scheduled
- Accurately and precisely performs testing
- Responding to routine inquiries from management, employees and regulatory agencies.
- Managing multiple projects, duties and assignments.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others.
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other regulatory requirements
- Quality control systems
- Basic math skills, including statistics
- Basic chemistry, wet chemistry, or related sciences
- Basic analytical techniques, including weighing, pipetting, etc.
- Sample preparation techniques
- Dissolution testing
- Spectroscopic techniques and Chromatographic system
- Compliance with the DEA and site requirements regarding the handling, use, and disposal of controlled substances
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Constant:
- Lifting materials weighing up to 50 pounds
Visual and Hearing Acuity:
- Vision testing required
- Hearing testing required
- Exposed to or work with toxic materials, gases, electrical hazards
- Use of dangerous tools and equipment
- Moderate to loud noise levels
- Use personal protective equipment (i.e., respirators, gloves, etc.)
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.