Clinical Contract Manager
4300 Hacienda Drive Pleasanton, CA 94588 US
The Clinical Contracts Specialist Sr (position title may be Clinical Contracts Manager) works closely with project, people, and functional leaders across Clinical Operations & Biometrics, Procurement, Legal, Finance, and Suppliers to ensure appropriate contracts are in place for COBM projects and payments associated to contracts are issued to vendors.
This is a job requiring a combination of advanced skills and experience in drafting, negotiating, and finalizing contracts for COBM related services.
• Drafts, reviews and negotiates clinical trial agreements (Master Service Agreements, Work Orders, and Clinical Trial Agreements) and site budgets with US and ex-US institutions.
• Evaluate changes in study protocols to determine the impact on clinical trial site budgets; develop, negotiate and finalize budget amendments.
• Provide continuing support on executed agreements (e.g., drafting amendments, extensions and terminations, interpreting contractual language in response to issues or questions that arise).
• Work closely and communicate with members of the Lifecycle Finance teams and other internal stakeholders; provide timely updates on contract and site budget status’, identifying and escalating any potential critical path items as appropriate.
• Track, maintain and update assigned contract information within the COBM Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS) and other tracking tools, to ensure completeness and accuracy, as applicable.
• Works with Supplier Relationship Manager and Legal to establish Master Services Agreement (MSA) for as many suppliers as possible.
• Works with Supplier Relationship Manager to incorporate Key Performance Indicators into contracts for applicable suppliers.
• Establish Purchase Orders (PO), review related Invoices, track spend against contracts / PO’s, and report spend as necessary.
• Other tasks may be assigned from time to time to support overall COBM function.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
(Required) Bachelor's Degree in Business / Finance or industry related field
(Required) 5 years of experience of contract drafting, negotiation, and finalizing experience within Diagnostics and/or Pharma industry
(Required) 5 years of experience of specific RFI, RFP, contracting and/or budget management experience
(Preferred) Master’s Degree in Business / Finance or industry related field
(Preferred) 4 years of clinical trial experience
?**CO/NY candidates may not be considered
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.