Clinical Lab Scientist
3650 West wind Boulevard Larkfield, CA 95403 US
The position of Clinical Laboratory Scientist is within our Toxicology Laboratories located at Santa Rosa, CA. The California Department of Health in implementation of CLIA requirements requires that testing of clinical specimens be performed by licensed personnel. This role will be instrumental in meeting regulatory compliance stipulations and, providing timely results to our clients.
This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by management.
• Perform laboratory tests in accordance with laboratory standard procedures.
• Calibrate lab equipment as required.
• Document the calibration results for all lab test equipment as required.
• Clean and maintain lab equipment to manufacturer specifications.
• Provide assistance, training and support for Unlicensed Testing Personnel and new employees as needed.
• As applicable, attend seminars and obtain training as necessary to maintain and improve professional knowledge and to satisfy state of California licensing continuing education requirements.
• Reorder lab supplies, reagents, or consumables as authorized.
• Follow all new and revised lab procedures as directed by the Department Manager, General Supervisor, Technical Supervisor, or Lab Director.
• Perform any and all other duties as may be requested by the Department Manager, General Supervisor, Technical Supervisor, or Lab Director.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
• Must be licensed by the state of California under BPC, Chapter 3 as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Generalist or, Toxicologist or, Chemist)
• Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences
• Must possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills.
• Must possess strong work ethic with commitment to safety, compliance, and quality.
Experience reviewing mass spectromety (LC/MS/MS and/or GC/MS) data within a toxicology a laboratory setting.
Pay rate should not exceed 64.80.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.