Clinical Lab Specimen Accessioner
3401 Masons Mill Rd Bryn Athyn, PA 19009 US
Are you organized, accountable, and have always gone the extra mile to make sure things are done right? Imagine the impact those skills can have in ensuring the accuracy of millions of healthcare tests, every month. If you share our passion for strengthening physician care, please apply for the Specimen Accessioner position!
We are seeking a dedicated and motivated individual to join their Specimen Processing and Accessioning team in. The Specimen Accessioner will be responsible for performing clinical specimen accessioning, sample sorting and data entry in a fast-paced, rapid-growing environment according to established standard operating procedures. This position reports to the Clinical Lab Manager/Clinical Supervisor with a dotted line to the Customer Experience & Support Manager, Clinical Lab.
The essential functions listed below are general examples and not a description of comprehensive duties. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on company needs without changing nature or scope of this position or level of responsibility. May be asked to perform other duties as assigned. • Get specimens received in the receiving department to the Clinical Laboratory for testing
• Pack and ship specimens to proper testing facilities
• Examine specimens for adequacy and appropriateness
• Verify accuracy of client and specimen details
• Unpack and route specimens to their respective staging areas
• Prepare laboratory specimens for analysis and testing
• Capture client and specimen data electronically
• Accurately identify and label specimens
• Order placement/ support to ensure timely processing of commercial samples
• Meet department activity and production goals
• Properly prepare and store excess specimen samples
• Data entry of patient information in an accurate and timely manner
• Resolve and document any problem specimens
• Sanitize and clean working areas
Education and Experience • High School Diploma or equivalent
• No relative experience required; 1-2 years preferred
• Previous medical or production experience is a plus
• Comfortable handling biological specimens
• Ability to accurately identify specimens
• Experience working in a team environment
• Strong data entry and organizational skills
• High level of attention to detail
• Proficient in MS Office
• Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
• Ability to pass a standardized color blind test
This job operates in an office and clinical laboratory setting.
This is largely a sedentary role. However, it will require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
This position does not require to travel.
Pay Rate: $15.50/hr.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.