Clinical Laboratory Associate
2412 South Loop Drive Ames, IA 50010 US
- Prepare labels and label clinical study samples.
- Assist in collection of clinical study samples or necropsy.
- Aliquot clinical study samples. (serum, swab effluents, fecal samples, animal tissue samples).
- Maintain electronic inventory of clinical study samples.
- Accurately record all activities and techniques on data capture forms, research notebooks, and raw data notebooks as appropriate.
- Review and contribute to protocols, planning and execution.
- Create and prepare submissions to diagnostic laboratories and to BIAVRC laboratories.
- Compile testing information from outside labs and BIAVRC labs for statistical and reporting within clinical teams.
- Support clinical teams with document scanning, manual data entry and quality control of data entry.
- Receives samples, plans and executes processing and delivery to the appropriate lab for testing. Ability to Plan and create a weekly schedule from multiple lists Maintain number lists with minimal transposition
- Initiates, executes, completes, and communicates duties and related issues
- Effective organization and time management skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Detailed oriented
- Experience with the safe and appropriate use of BSL2 organisms preferred. Hand eye coordination Aseptic techniques
- Proactive and resourceful.
- Ability to work across groups and take direction from multiple scientists.
- Competent with Microsoft Office software.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; High level of comfort/ease interacting with all levels of the organization.
- Maintains a constructive and positive attitude for working on projects and for working at Boehringer Ingelheim.
- Follow Research & Development policies and procedures to maintain high quality standards and follow best practices.
Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.